Configuring Basic RIP Network
- Configure console, vty, aux, and enable secret passwords.
- Assign each router's interface with a class C IP address. Ensure that each interface is on a point to point subnet.
- Configure RIP to route for the class C network assigned.
- Verify RIP by checking routing table and pinging each interface on each router.
Completed Router Configurations
The following are the finished configurations for the routers in the network.
Router 1 Config
Router 2 Config
Router 3 Config
- Console, vty, aux, and enable secret passwords were set to cisco.
- Interfaces were assigned class C addresses (192.168.1.0) with a 255.255.255.252 subnet mask. The /30 mask is a point to point mask allowing 2 hosts on the subnet.
- RIP was configured to route the 192.168.1.0 network on all routers.