Cisco Discovery Protocol Lab
This lab requires the use of existing configuration files. Download the configuration files for the lab here before beginning.
- Two errors were introduced to router 1's CDP configuration. Resolve both issues on router 1.
- Using only CDP show commands on router 1 determine the platform of router 2.
- Determine which routers are CDP neighbors with router 4.
- Resolve any issues between router 4 and it's CDP neighbors. Router 4 should have 2 CDP neighbors when all issues are resolved.
Completed Router Config
The following are the completed configuration files for all routers in the network.
Router 1 Config
Router 2 Config
Router 3 Config
Router 4 Config
Router 5 Config
The following changes were made to the configuration to resolve the issues in the lab.
- The 'cdp run' command was issued on router 1 to enable CDP.
- Adjusted the CDP holdtime on router 1 from 30 seconds to 180 seconds.
- Adjusted the CDP timer from 254 seconds to 60 seconds.