RIPv2 Dis-contiguous Networks with MD5 Authentication
This lab requires the use of existing configurations found here. At the end of the lab all routers should be able to ping all other routers.
- Configure RIPv2 to route for networks configured.
- Disable RIPv2 from using classful summarization.
- Configure each point to point link to only send updates on triggered events.
- Enable MD5 authentication on all routers.
Completed Router Configurations
The following are the completed configurations for all the routers in this lab.
Router 1 Config
Router 2 Config
Router 3 Config
Router 4 Config
Router 5 Config
- RIPv2 was enabled with the 'version 2' command and the 'network' command was issued to configure RIP to route for the correct network.
- The 'no auto-summary' command was issued on each router to disable classful auto summarization.
- Issued the 'ip rip triggered' command on each point to point interface.
- To enable MD5 authentication a key chain was created with a key-string of cisco and enabled on each interface.
Testing and Verification
- All configurations in this lab can be verified with the 'show ip protocols' command. This output highlights the RIP version and networks RIP is routing.
2. This output highlights the automatic summary setting.
3. This output highlights the triggered update setting.
4. This output highlights the MD5 key-chain enabled on serial0/0.