Basic Router Setup
This lab is a configuration of a single router.
- Configure console, vty, and auxiliary passwords.
- Configure an encrypted enable password.
- Set routers hostname to NHelper
- Set up a message of the day banner warning against unauthorized use.
- Set console timeout to 5 minutes.
- Enable encryption of line passwords.
- Copy a backup of the running config to flash memory.
Completed Router Config
The following is the completed running configuration for this lab.
The following changes were made to the router.
- Line passwords were set with the 'password' command.
- The 'enable secret cisco' password was configured to set an encrypted password for user exec mode.
- The command 'hostname NHelper' was issued to alter the hostname.
- The MOTD banner was set warning against unauthorized access. The message has to be surrounded by 'c' which is the delimiting character.
- The console timeout was configured with the 'exec-timeout 5 0' command. The 5 stands for 5 minutes, and the 0 stands for 0 seconds.
- Line passwords were encrypted with the 'service password-encryption' command.
- The running configuration was copied to flash memory with the 'copy run flash' command.