The initial router configurations can be found here.
- Configure each router with the correct router-id.
- Configure OSPF to route for networks shown in the diagram.
- Ensure that router 2 becomes the Backup Designated Router and router 3 becomes the Designated Router by adjusting their priority numbers.
- Disable routers 1 and 4 from participating in any OSPF DR and BDR elections.
Completed Router Configurations
The following are the completed configurations for all the routers in the network.
Router 1 Config
Router 2 Config
Router 3 Config
Router 4 Config
Router 5 Config
The following changes were made to complete this lab.
- Router-id was set with the 'router-id x.x.x.x' in OSPF config.
- OSPF was configured to route the proper networks with the 'network x.x.x.x' command.
- Router 3 was made the DR by changing its priority to 255 with the 'ip ospf priority 255' command. Router 2 received a priority of 100 to make it the BDR.
- Disabled routers 1 and 4 from participating in the election process by setting their priorities to 0.
Testing and Verification
- The router-id can be found in multiple places including the OSPF topology database with the 'show ip ospf database' command.
2. Verify the networks OSPF is routing with the 'show ip protocols' command.
3. Router priorities can be verified with the 'show ip ospf neighbor' command.